Recipe by Aunt Willie
From Denton, MD Women's Club "The Chesapeake Collection" cookbook. These fry up light and airy - very good when longing for the beach!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup clam juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup minced clams
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together egg, milk and clam juice.
- Sift together flour, baking soad, cream of tartar, slat and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Fold in clams.
- Drop by spoonfuls into 400 degree oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.