Recipe by Oolala
From a community cookbook, submitted by Jo Carter. I haven't tried it yet but don't want to lose it.
- 3 (7 ounce) cans minced clams, reserve 1/2 the liquid
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 loaf round bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together except for the bread.
- Cut off the top of the bread and save it.
- Hollow out the bread leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
- Pour the clam mixture into the bread and cover with the bread top.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours at 250 degrees F.
- Use the carved out bread to make bread cubes for dipping and serve with bagetttes if you like too.