Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, drained
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Took this to the DS's music recreation group were it was greatly appreciated. One comment though was that they felt it was a little salty (I didn't add the extra salt), so may have to rinse the baby clams (they were in brine). I didn't use low fat mayonnaise or sour cream. The tins of clams were 200g (7 1/8oz) so I added an extra tablespoon of mayonnaise and sour cream and little extra of everything else. I would suggest a change to serving size for an appertizer 20 to 30 serves as it made just over 2 cups in total. Thank you rickoholic83, made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Good dip! It seemed to lack a little something so I added significantly more pepper and some garlic salt as well. I think I would reduce the amount of lemon juice next time as my dip was a little more fluid than I like.