Recipe by The Miserable Gourmet
Great to Stuff Clam Shells, or Bake in a Casserole Dish, and Scoop Onto Crackers! I Make This at Almost Every Gathering!
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 lb bacon, chopped and cooked (reserve some if filling shells)
- 1 small green pepper, minced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canseach minced clams
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canseach chopped clams
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, lemon, olive oil, and clams.
- In a frying pan over medium low heat, melt butter, add onion, garlic, and pepper, and saute five minutes. Stir in bacon, and cook an additonal five minutes. Stir into breadcrumb mixture.
- If filling clam shells: spoon about 2T mix into each clam shell, and top with a little bacon. Place filled shells on a cookie sheet or in a pyrex with about 1/4 inch water. Bake about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If filling a casserole dish: spoon mixture into casserole dish, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with crackers. (I use Pepridge Farm Butterfly crackers, but any hard cracker will do).
- Change it up by adding a 1/2 C shredded mozzerella cheese and 2T grated Parmeseano Reggianno or Pecorino Ramano into the mix!