Recipe by kyks17
This has been a family recipe for years, always served on New Year's Eve. I love this dip and how it's so different from the kinds you can buy in the store.
Top Review by carey28
this is the clam dip I grew up with however we never used the Worcestershire sauce at all. Love it its the best ever. put in refrigerator for a few hours and it will thicken up. I have been making this recipe for sixty years. If you use the Worcestershire try cutting back to maybe one teaspoon.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 1⁄2 ounces chopped clams, canned, juice drained and reserved
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons reserved clam juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix for a few seconds.
- Add sour cream and mix well, until no chunks remain. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and mix well again.
- Add clam juice and Worcestershire sauce, and mix slowly to avoid splashing, until fully incorporating. Dip will be on the thin side.
- Add salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- Add clams and mix just to combine.
- Store in a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Dip will thicken in refrigerator. Serve with ridged potato chips.