Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has been a family recipe for years, always served on New Year's Eve. I love this dip and how it's so different from the kinds you can buy in the store.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 1⁄2 ounces chopped clams, canned, juice drained and reserved
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons reserved clam juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix for a few seconds.
- Add sour cream and mix well, until no chunks remain. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and mix well again.
- Add clam juice and Worcestershire sauce, and mix slowly to avoid splashing, until fully incorporating. Dip will be on the thin side.
- Add salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- Add clams and mix just to combine.
- Store in a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Dip will thicken in refrigerator. Serve with ridged potato chips.
I think that's WAY to much worcestershire sauce. Are you sure u used that much?
This stuff is awful. There's a block of cream cheese, a cup of sour cream, 6 1/2 oz of minced clams and 20 minutes I'll never get back....<br/>Do not make this stuff - you cannot taste clams, just Worcestershire Sauce. This should be named Worcestershire Dip - or better yet.... Take this recipe down, I've been scraping my tongue for the last day! BLEHHHHH!!!!!!!
This is a great basic clam dip! Dropping the worcestershire to 1 tablespoon was an excellent move. I also added an extra can of clams and a squirt of lemon juice and it all came out really well. Something we will definitely use again. Thanks!