This has been a family recipe for years, always served on New Year's Eve. I love this dip and how it's so different from the kinds you can buy in the store.
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix for a few seconds.
- Add sour cream and mix well, until no chunks remain. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and mix well again.
- Add clam juice and Worcestershire sauce, and mix slowly to avoid splashing, until fully incorporating. Dip will be on the thin side.
- Add salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- Add clams and mix just to combine.
- Store in a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Dip will thicken in refrigerator. Serve with ridged potato chips.