Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great appetizer dip. Serve with veggies and/or crackers.
- 6 1⁄2 ounces minced clams, drained -RESERVING 2 Tbsp of clam juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt, to taste, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with 2 Tbsp clam juice, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir in clams, garlic, parsley and pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve with veggies and/or crackers.
This is exactly the clam dip that my grandmother made...and so VERY good! I didn't have parsley on hand, so left that out. Thanks for posting, Parsley.
Howdy, PARSLEY! This IS the classic, at our family & friends get-togethers,there were people that always asked if Mom brought her dip! She always said "I just throw things together and let Mike(me) taste it, and I usually said "one more clove garlic, and a touch more Tabasco. One of the many wonderful memories that I'll never, never forget! Moms!
Very Good.. recommend lest garlic, and more worcestershire, chill for sure.. LOVED I.. will make again,,,