Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been in our family for years, and I'm asked each holiday season to make it. It's gone in no time!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams (drained, juice reserved)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- celery salt, to taste
- onion salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together, along with 1 tablespoon reserved clam juice.
- Chill for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Serve with potato chips.
I absolutely LOVE this clam dip. It is just the right consistency for chips if you have it at room temp. before serving....can't shortcut this step or it is, as others have complained, too thick. However, at absolute room temp. it is excellent! My family loves it and has for MANY years.
Followed recipe exactly and like the previous review I found it to thick for dipping. I also added additional clam juice however I was disappointed in the flavor. For me the cream cheese overpowered the taste of the clams and liquid.
Excellent flavor, but way too thick, chips kept breaking. I added extra liquid to help, but next time I'd add some sour cream to make it creamier.