Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can never have just one...
- 2 cans baby clams
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- Drain and rinse the clams.
- Press to remove excess water.
- Chop finely.
- Add the potato, beaten egg, lemon juice, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Blend well and add 1-2 tbsp bread crumbs or enough to be able to shape the croquettes.
- Roll into small balls, and roll in the egg then the breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fry in oil in batches (turning over as required to cook evenly) until brown about 5 minutes.
- Drain and serve plain or with a sauce of your choice.
These were pretty good and not too hard to make. Next time I'd add a little clam juice to add more flavor. I'll make these again. Thanks.