Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice, tasty chowder from BH&G, on the lighter side.
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram, crushed
- 2.46 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 631.69 ml skim milk
- 226.79 g bottle clam juice
- 4.92 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 425.24 g can cream-style corn
- 184.27 g can minced clams, drained
- In a large saucepan, cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, marjoram, thyme, mustard and pepper.
- Add the milk, clam juice and bouillon granules all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for one minute longer.
- Stir in corn and clams; heat through.
Considering that this is made with skim milk and is so low in fat, it is darn good! The herbs give it a great flavor. I used a 10-oz can of clams and used the juice from that for the bottled clam juice (plus a tad extra to equal the 8oz). Very quick and easy to make, too! Thanx for posting. I'll make this again.