Recipe by jonesies
Nice, tasty chowder from BH&G, on the lighter side.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Considering that this is made with skim milk and is so low in fat, it is darn good! The herbs give it a great flavor. I used a 10-oz can of clams and used the juice from that for the bottled clam juice (plus a tad extra to equal the 8oz). Very quick and easy to make, too! Thanx for posting. I'll make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 2⁄3 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, marjoram, thyme, mustard and pepper.
- Add the milk, clam juice and bouillon granules all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for one minute longer.
- Stir in corn and clams; heat through.