1/1 Photo of Clam-Corn Chowder (Lower Fat Version)
Nice, tasty chowder from BH&G, on the lighter side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 2/3 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 1In a large saucepan, cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- 2Stir in flour, marjoram, thyme, mustard and pepper.
- 3Add the milk, clam juice and bouillon granules all at once.
- 4Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Cook and stir for one minute longer.
- 6Stir in corn and clams; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam-Corn Chowder (Lower Fat Version)
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 981.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 21.1 g