Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom
- 1 lb margarine
- 3⁄4 lb all-purpose flour
- 1 (23 ounce) can clam juice
- 1 (25 ounce) can clams, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced green peppers
- 1 2⁄3 quarts hot milk
- 1 2⁄3 ounces salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- With melted margarine, combine celery and onions, cook for 5 minutes or until transparent.
- Add flour to make roux and mix until smooth.
- Let it cook for a few minutes, then add hot clams and juice and half of the hot milk. Mix until all the flour lumps are smooth.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Add green peppers, potatoes and seasonings.
- Combine, cook until potatoes and peppers are done, then add the remainder of the milk.
Nice and thick clam chowder! I halved the recipe and it still made a nice amount. I used butter in place of maragarine, otherwise I made it as written. The green peppers add a nice flavor. Thanx for a great lunch. I'll make this again.