Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
15 minutes is all you need for this recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans clams or 2 (15 ounce) cans mussels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Drain the liquid from the canned clams/mussels and add enough water to make 1 1/2 cup.
- Place liquid in a sauce pan Add onion, S& P and potato.
- Cook at medium heat until veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add clams/mussels, evaporated milk and butter.
- Heat until warmed through Do not boil.
- Check seasoning and serve with oyster (or common) crackers.
Awesome chowder. Perfect for late night chowder cravings. So fast and easy. Thank you for posting.