15 minutes is all you need for this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the liquid from the canned clams/mussels and add enough water to make 1 1/2 cup.
- 2Place liquid in a sauce pan Add onion, S& P and potato.
- 3Cook at medium heat until veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
- 4Reduce heat to low.
- 5Add clams/mussels, evaporated milk and butter.
- 6Heat until warmed through Do not boil.
- 7Check seasoning and serve with oyster (or common) crackers.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Chowder Using Canned Clams
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.7 mg
- Sodium 355.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 42.6 g