Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a BH&G Casseroles cookbook. It is so yummy.
Make and share this Clam Chowder Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Cook potato and onion in 1 cup water till tender; drain.
- Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- In saucepan milt butter; stir in parsley, flour, salt, and dash of pepper.
- Add reserved clam liquid and milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cooked potato mixture and clams.
- Turn into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Prepare plain pastry shell.
- Roll out to a 10-inch circle; place atop filling.
- Turn edges under and flute; cut slits for escape of steam.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I have this cookbook and this recipe is a definite favorite with my family. I came here to look for it - I'm traveling to my daughter's tomorrow and she requested that I make this. I was going to post it, but I found it, so THANK YOU!!!