Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the Best clam chowder ever! My family and friends can't get enough and it is always a request that I make it, you will not be sorry you tryed it.
- 1 lb potato, skin on diced very very small
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cansdiced clams with juice
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup chopped celery
- French onion soup mix (1-2 packets)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (24 ounce) jar garlic alfredo sauce
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- couple splashes hot sauce, I use tapito
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons black pepper (to taste)
- Add your diced potatoes,celery, 1or 2 pk. of french onion soup mix (this will really determine your richness),and the juice from your cans of clams. (leaving the clams to add at the very end of the recipe or they will get chewy) and 1-2 tbl. liquid smoke, now add just enough water to cover maybe an inch over your potatoes and celery. Boil for 10 minute no longer or you won't have any potatoes for your chowder.
- now add the rest of your ingredients, including your clams and simmer on low for at least 1 hours if not longer, (crockpot on low is awesome too) stirring frequently. serve with some tasty sourdough or toasted mauie onion chips, on top.