Recipe by LDSMom128
This is a recipe that I found for Moe's Clam Chowder. Moe's Restaurant has many locations along the Oregon coast and they have my favorite clam chowder. I used the Lactaid milk to keep it lactose free and it tasted great. I suppose to keep it dairy free you could try using soy milk but I haven't yet tried it. This soup comes together rather quickly and you can be eating a bowl of it in about 45 minutes or so!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 medium potatoes, grated and sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 (8 ounce) cans minced clams, with the juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups lactose-free milk (like Lactaid)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, sauté the bacon slices on Med/High heat until cooked through, remove them from the pan. Add the diced onions and add a pinch of salt and cook them for about 3-5 minutes and are almost cooked through.
- Add the potatoes and the flour and stir well. Cook the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes and start to soften. Add the canned clams, the milk, and the cornstarch. Stir well. Season the soup with some salt, pepper, and about a tsp parsley. You may now crumble the bacon and return them back to the pot, they add some great flavor but it can be optional.
- Turn the stove down to Medium heat and continue to cook the soup uncovered for about 15 minutes and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with a dollop of butter and a sprinkle of paprika.