Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces (or 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams, minced or baby not drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can clams, minced or baby not drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until they are tender, about ten minutes.
- Drain potatoes and Set aside.
- In the large pot, melt butter and sauté celery, onion, and garlic until onion is Soft and translucent.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes.
- Add clams and their juices, parsley, Thyme, dill, Worcestershire sauce, and potatoes.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream and milk.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Season with pepper.
awesome soup, I've made is a few times now but havn't rated it yet . fantastic!!! kirt
Oh, WOW! I can't believe that I'm the first to review this fantastic clam chowder! It's wonderfully thick, creamy and chunky. Loaded with flavor. I made this as written, but used four 6-oz cans oc clams and added the clams at the very end so the wouldn't get rubbery. I would be proud to serve this to guests and I'm sure that I will sometime. Thanx for sharing!