Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My "Newfie" sister-in-law gave me this recipe. Its easy & tasty!!
Make and share this Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 diced onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 small potatoes, peeled &,diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can baby clams
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Saute onion in butter in a heavy pot until limp.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper& juice from clams, cover& cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Whisk corn starch in some of the milk; add clams, milk& corn starch to pot.
- Simmer until liquid thickens- do NOT boil.
I added 2 strips of smoked bacon to the onions and left them in the pot, was it ever tasty!
I made this for my six year old who loves seafood. All the kids loved it. It was easy to make. I added celery (put in with the onions) and doubled the cornstarch. yum!
this was very good though not very creamy for me a little thin but maybe just me i dont know. what i do know though is everyone loved the taste so next time i will just add a bit more cornstarch thanks for a great recipe