Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and authentic. Tried and true.
Make and share this Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb chopped clam
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3 -4 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk (approx.)
- In skillet, over med heat, cook onion, celery, and bacon in butter and oil. Add salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, and bay leaf.
- Cook until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in flour until mixed. Cook 5 minute (don't burn).
- In sauce pan,cook potatos in water, wine, clam juice and liquid for 15 minute Add clams, onion mix, and cream. Cook until thickened.
- Add milk to desired consistancy.
Made for Spring PAC 2011 and followed the directions. Delicious and easy. Thank you!