Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a lady in my church several years ago when we had a after we had a soup/potato bar.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- Cook vegetables until tender, then drain.
- Melt butter, add flour and mix well.
- Ad half and half and stir constantly with a wire whip until smooth and thick.
- Add drained vegetables, clams and vinegar.
- Season with salt.
This is wonderful clam chowder,I really enjoyed it. I did not however drain the veggies,I used just enough to cover them and left it as a flavour enhancer, and I used milk not half and half. And as always I added a ton of pepper. It was very good!