- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, juice reserved
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 -5 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour, see note in instructions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, on medium heat, cook celery in reserved clam juice about 15 minutes.
- Add onions and potatoes to pot with celery.
- Cook till potatoes are tender.
- Add clams, butter, and 3 cups of the half and half.
- Combine the flour with the remaining cup of half and half. (The 8 tablespoons make a thick chowder. Cut back to 5 tablespoons of flour if you would like a thinner chowder.)
- Add the flour mixture to the chowder to thicken.
- Makes 6 servings.