Recipe by Chef on the coast
This was in Taste of Home - geared for a crowd. Several years back I changed the measurements to suit a family of 6. This recipe goes together rather quickly - and is good for those busy nights.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- I large dutch oven bring water and salt to boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender. Do not drain.
- In a pan - saute onions in butter until tender. Add onions and carrots to potato mixture; heat through.
- Drain clams if desired. Stir clams, milk, parsley and pepper into potato mixture; heat through. Just before serving, stir in bacon.