Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
a variation from the back of a clam juice can
- 5 slices bacon
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounces clam juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Saute bacon in large pot until brown.
- Remove bacon and crumble when cool.
- Add celery, onion and carrot to grease and cook 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add bay leaf and thyme and saute 2 minutes.
- Add clam juice including juice from baby clams and get the bottom of the pan bacon stuff up.
- Add potatoes and garlic clove and cook on medium low until potatoes are soft and add cream and baby clams.
- Serve when done.
- Remove bay leaf and garlic clove before serving.
- You can either add the bacon back when you add the clam juice or hold it out for crunchy garnish.
I love this recipe. I have e-mailed it to friends and relatives. We will be having this around the holidays, When everyone is burnt out on turkey and dressing.