This is a favorite Sunday night meal for my family. I make with lots of potatoes and clams and serve it with corn muffins.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender.
- Dry them and the skins will slip right off.
- Cut into small dice and set aside.
- Saute the onion in butter until translucent.
- Add clams with juice and corn to the onion.
- Simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavors.
- Gently stir in cooked potatoes.
- Chowder can be prepared ahead to this point.
- Add combined milk and half and half to desired taste and consistancy.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Serve with warmed sherry on the side, to taste.