1/1 Photo of Clam Chowder
This is a favorite Sunday night meal for my family. I make with lots of potatoes and clams and serve it with corn muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender.
- 2Dry them and the skins will slip right off.
- 3Cut into small dice and set aside.
- 4Saute the onion in butter until translucent.
- 5Add clams with juice and corn to the onion.
- 6Simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavors.
- 7Gently stir in cooked potatoes.
- 8Chowder can be prepared ahead to this point.
- 9Add combined milk and half and half to desired taste and consistancy.
- 10Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- 11Serve with warmed sherry on the side, to taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 56.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: