1/2 Photos of Clam Chowder
I got this from a Williams Sonoma Soup Cookbook and it's really tasty... I love Clam chowder and this is a good one...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon until it starts to brown about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 2Add butter to bacon drippings. When it melts, add celery, onion, thyme, and bay leaf and saute until the onion is translucent - about 2 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes and stir well.
- 4Add the reserved clam liquor and 2 cups water and bring to a boil Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- 5Add the milk and cream and stir.
- 6Add clam meat, heat through, and season with salt and pepper (I added the bacon here also.).
- 7Remove bay leave -- and serve -- Yummy.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.1 g