Recipe by micregpri
This is my mom's recipe and I have never found anyone who can make clam chowder better.
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Dice onions and sauté.
- Drain juice from clams into butter.
- Dice carrots and add to pot let simmer.
- Peel and cut up potatoes in to 1/4-inch pieces add to pot.
- Finely cut parsley and add to pot.
- When potatoes and carrots are soft rinse clams and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and cook through.
- Add pepper for taste.