Recipe by Pismo
This is the recipe my mom always made. It's very easy to make. I'm really picky with my clam chowder and I don't usually like any other than this!
Top Review by sifulori
I love clam chowder and this was the first time I made clam chowder. After this, I'm never going back to can soup. The recipe was easy and the soup was so rich and creamy. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe!!!
- 2 (368.54 g) can minced clams
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 473.18 ml potatoes, diced
- 177.44 ml butter
- 177.44 ml flour
- 946.0 ml half-and-half
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vegetables in saucepan and add water to cover. Drain clam juice into saucepan.
- Cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- In a large pot melt butter. Add flour,half and half, salt, sugar, and pepper to taste. Cook on medium to medium high heat until thickened and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add juice/water mixture and vegetables. Remove from heat and add clams. Serve.