Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a little book about sea creatures I bought at the Marine Science Center in Newport,OR. It's title is Edible? Incredible! It is simple to make and so rich & creamy that everyone who tastes it wants the recipe. At one point I lost the book & finally found a new copy in a used book store on the coast.
- 4 -6 potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup canned clams, chopped (or more)
- 26 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 cups clam juice or 3 cups water
- Fry bacon until nearly crisp.
- Set aside; sauté onions & potatoes, in bacon fat, until lightly browned.
- Add raw clams & enough juice and/or water to cover.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Cool; add milk & about 3C water.
- Heat through, but do not boil.