Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This New England style chowder uses powdered coffee creamer instead of the usual milk or cream. This would be a good recipe to take camping since the only ingredient that needs prior refrigeration is the butter or margarine.
- 6-8 medium potatoes
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- 236.59 ml non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (such as Cremora)
- 2 (368.54 g) can minced clams (undrained)
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add just enough water to over top of potatoes, add butter and cooked until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Do Not drain potatoes.
- Meanwhile, mix in a separate bowl the soup, creamer and undrained clams. Add salt and pepper (optional)to taste.
- Add clam mixture to the cooked potatoes and butter, stirring to mix well. Return saucepan to heat and warm soup thoroughly.
- Note: I don't add salt because the salt in the margarine, soup and clams is enough for my taste.