Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't get enough of this delicious soup. The bacon and cream-style corn make it extra-special.
Make and share this Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled,cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, drained,liquid reserved
- 2 cups whole milk (do not use skim or 0%)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crumbled
- Cook chopped bacon in large saucepan over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon begins to brown; add onions and saute until tender, about 10 minutes; add potatoes and bell pepper and saute 1 minute; add reserved liquid from canned clams, milk and bottled clam juice; simmer chowder, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- add corn and clams to chowder; simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; mix in thyme; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Super flavors! The bacon gives a bit of saltiness and then the creamed corn adds a great sweetness! I made this just as written and think it's great as it is. I'll make this again. Thanx ev!
it was delicious!even though im only 13...it was easy for me to make!but i hate thyme...its better without...
i followed your recipe using fresh thyme, it was very quick and easy. i do prefer fresh clams to canned and fresh or frozen corn. this reminded me of something my mom used to make when we were very young, without the clams.