Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We make this recipe on Halloween night, along with My five star potato Soup for the kids. Its quick yet special. Serve with some crusty garlic toast! Thank you Stephanie!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (do Not omit)
- In medium saucepan add: salt, celery, potatoes, onion,"juice" from the 2 cans of clams.
- Add just enough water to cover mixture.
- Simmer 8-10 minute or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile: In a large stockpot, bring to boil 1 half and half and butter stirring constantly.
- Mix together cornstarch and milk.
- Slowly stir into half and half mixture while boiling, stirring rapidly, remove from heat.
- Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Add red wine vinegar.
- Add clams and Fresh pepper to taste!
- DO NOT BOIL CLAMS!
My family said this was delicious. I really liked the flavor that the red wine vinegar added to this chowder. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Delicious and soooo easy! I made this using goat butter and evaporated goat milk instead of the half-and-half and milk due to a cow's milk allergy, and this was amazing! I also added a bit more potato and clams for some more texture. Will definitely be making this again.
Definitely 5 stars. It's so thick and creamy and easy to make. I made it a bit easier by making it all in one pot. I sauteed the veggies in the butter, and then boiled them in the clam broth, then added everything else when the veggies were tender. I will agree..... do NOT omit the red wine vinegar!!! Thanx so much for this recipe!