Recipe by LizAnn
We make this recipe on Halloween night, along with My five star potato Soup for the kids. Its quick yet special. Serve with some crusty garlic toast! Thank you Stephanie!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (do Not omit)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan add: salt, celery, potatoes, onion,"juice" from the 2 cans of clams.
- Add just enough water to cover mixture.
- Simmer 8-10 minute or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile: In a large stockpot, bring to boil 1 half and half and butter stirring constantly.
- Mix together cornstarch and milk.
- Slowly stir into half and half mixture while boiling, stirring rapidly, remove from heat.
- Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Add red wine vinegar.
- Add clams and Fresh pepper to taste!
- DO NOT BOIL CLAMS!