I found this recipe on the BBC America website. I have altered it a tad to add bacon but you can skip that step!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- 22. Heat saucepan, add chopped bacon and cook for about a minute (until just barely cooked).
- 33. Add the oil to the saucepan and sweat the onion (diced) until just before clear. Add the garlic (minced) and cook for one minute. Add the sweetcorn and the white wine and reduce to three tablespoons of liquid.
- 44. Add the cream and simmer for two minutes.
- 55. Remove the sauce from the heat and add the egg yolks, stirring well until the sauce thickens slightly.
- 66. Add the clams and spaghetti.
- 77. Pile onto a plate to serve and garnish with a wedge of lemon. Add Red pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1220.1
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 511.9 mg
- Sodium 192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 50.3 g