Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe Courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000
Make and share this Clam Bake Foil Pouches recipe from Food.com.
- 8 pieces aluminum foil (24 by 24)
- 8 pieces cheesecloth (12 by 12)
- 8 dozen steamer clams, scrubbed
- 1 lb new potato, quartered and blanched
- 4 ears of fresh sweet corn, cut into fourths and blanched
- 4 medium yellow onions, quartered
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 breakfast spicy pork sausage links
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles beer
- 2 tablespoons finely copped fresh parsley
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- EMERIL'S ESSENCE CREOLE SEASONING (ALSO REFERRED TO AS BAYOU BLAST):.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Yield: 2/3 cup.
- Preheat the grill over low heat. For the foil pouches: place the pieces of foil on a flat surface. Place a piece of cheesecloth over the piece of foil. Place a dozen of the clams over each piece of cheesecloth. Continue layering with the potatoes, corn, onions, hot dogs and sausage links. Seasone with Creole Seasoning. Pour some of the beer into each pouch. Wrap each pouch up tightly and place on the grill. Cook the pouches for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the clams open up. Discard any shells that do not open. Place each pouch on a serving plate and with a sharp knife, slice the pouch open. Drizzle each pouch with the melted butter and garnish with parsley.