Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Kraft Foods recipe, that when originally shown as a televised commercial caused a canned Clam shortage. Taken from 1963 Kraft Treasury of Good Food Ideas Cookbook Great dip for your retro themed cocktail parties, or New Years Eve. Serve with potato chips or corn chips. I like to use 2 cans of Clams when making this recipe. Prep time does not allow for bringing Cream Cheese to room temp to soften.
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 1⁄4 cup clam broth (from can)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- Rub mixing bowl with garlic.
- Combine softened Cream Cheese with minced Clams, broth, Lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce and seasonings. mixing until well blended.
- If a thinner dip is desired, add more Clam broth. Refrigerate until serving time.