Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve this delicious sauce over linguine or spaghetti squash.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (5 ounce) can clams, undrained
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- in a 4-cup measure (microwavable) microwave butter for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in mushroom and green onions.
- Microwave HIGH uncovered 2-3 minutes or until softened stirring once.
- Stir in flour.
- Drain clams, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice.
- Gradually stir clam juice, cream and wine into mushroom mixture.
- Microwave HIGH uncovered 2-4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring once.
- Stir in clams, microwave on high 1 minute or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wonderful! Thanks for posting. I love clams and I love mushrooms and this one has BOTH! Many thanks. Will use it again and again on pasta!