Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks With Wine – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1986
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 17 ounces milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Combine other ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
I was incredibly surprised with just how good this was. You may be skeptical becuse there's no potatoes and no celery. It's not "traditional" but it is flavorful for having such simple ingredients. The creamed corn added a touch of sweetness while acting to thicken the soup a bit. I made this as written, just added 1 extra can of chopped clams. Thanx for sharing!