Recipe by kamal_shami
One of the finest desserts you could ever have. A bit tricky recipe but if you follow the directions , it would be a piece of cake Try it once, it is addictive
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter
- 15 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 7 g salt
- 1 dash vanilla
- 250 g water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons flour, sieved
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 100 g semisweet chocolate
- 100 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- The dough: Mix water + butter + sugar + salt + vanilla over heat and bring to boil.
- Add all of the flour one time and mix it with the previous mixture until it forms a firm dough.
- Let it cool down.
- Put in the mixer.
- First mix it at the lowest speed to let it cool down.
- Raise the speed and start adding the eggs one at a time. (don’t add one until the previous disappears).
- The dough gets sticky and shiny.
- fill the dough in pastry bag.
- shape the dough into 10 cm fingers.
- leave space between each shaped finger because they will rise during baking.
- bake at 220C for 20-25 minutes.
- leave the fingers to cool down then slit open each finger like u open a bun.
- Crème Pâtissier: mix all the ingredients together then put on stove top and continue stirring to prevent sticking.
- when the mixture reaches a gooey consistency, turn the heat off and let the cream cool down then chill in the fridge.
- Using a pastry bag, fill each eclair stick with the cream.
- Chocolate glaze: over a water bath, mix both chocolate and butter until completely dissolved.
- dip each eclair finger into chocolate from one side only.
- put on a rack and leave to cool.
- chill in the fridge and serve cold.