Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 1⁄4 lbs lean hamburger
- 12 ounces v 8 juice
- 16 ounces reduced-sodium campbell's tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 4 celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Brown Hamburger over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add diced onions, green peppers, celery and garlic.
- Brown for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in V8, Tomato Soup, Ketchup, Mustard and Brown Sugar.
- Season with pepper (and salt if desired) to taste.
- Bring to light simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- READY TO EAT.
- placing in refrigerator overnight and reheating tends to make the flavor "pop" a bit more.
Made this recipe for PAC 2010. This was the BEST sloppy Joe recipe I ever tried. Thanks for posting :)
EXCELLENT! Took out the sugar and added instead 1 teaspoon cumming (I don't use sugar). Thank you!