Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from another military wife I knew when we lived at Fort Polk, LA. Claire is an excellent cook and loves to entertain in her home. She served this salad at a holiday party we attended at her home and graciously shared the recipe with me. There is no actual cooking time - but you should chill it before serving. Don't make this too far ahead though as it doesn't keep very long.
- 1 sweet red apple, peeled,cored,in small cubes
- 1 bag green seedless grape, rinse &,dried (use as many or as little as you prefer)
- 1 jar maraschino cherry, pitted,stemmed (use the juice too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 bananas, peeled,thinly sliced
- 1 oranges, peeled,seeded,cut into bite sized pieces or 1⁄2 cup drained mandarin orange segments, approximately,cut into small pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 bag dried shredded coconut
- Mix everything together gently in a large bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve but not too far in advance or the fruit will start to weep and get soggy.
I used this recipe for part of my Thanksgiving menu. It was a big hit with my entire family. Will definitely use it again!