Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My DIL made this recipe w/ ground turkey and it was perfect for a winter day. She shared the recipe w/ me and I tweaked it just a little bit. I make several batches each winter, freezing leftovers in qt ziploc bag so I can pull one out when I get home from work. I nuke it in the bag just long enough so it can be broken up into dish before nuking it til hot. My DD likes it w/ grated cheddar and I like it w/ cornbread. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 sliced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In large kettle or dutch oven, brown meat and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients, and simmer 30 minutes to an hour, the longer the better.
Impera Magna, this chili tastes great! I used ground beef and halved the recipe. Also used three jalapenos because we like our chili spicy. My boyfriend requested that I add some bell peppers next time but I thought it was fine as is. This simmered on the stove all afternoon - we both had a bowl (or two) for lunch and it was hard work to save some for my father to try when he paid a visit later on that day. Looking forward to making up a huge batch and popping it in the freezer.