Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Because we live far a way from a Claim Jumper, when my husband had this salad we had to add it to the list of things to make.
- 3 cups soybean oil
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce dehydrated onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine ingredients well and refrigerate to meld flavors.
- Before serving, whisk well to combine again.
- From: John Casey, Claim Jumper Restaurant.
- Source: Daily Press, Cook's Exchange by Veronica Hill.
I loved the dressing! I followed the suggestions about not using as much thyme and it was sooo delicious!
I loved this dressing, it seems exactly like Claim Jumper. I did just use 1 t of thyme because of the other review. I was surprised about the quantity as it made a whole mixing bowl full of dressing. I served it at a potluck and everyone raved about it. I also used it as a marinade for chicke and it was great so the quantity worked.
While good, it has WAY too much thyme in there. I didn't have the tarragon, so it was left out, but still - WAY too much thyme. I've also added a little fresh squeezed orange juice to the mix. Will probably add OJ concentrate next time.