Recipe by Pastryismybiz
This is a French dish generally made with cherries. Apricot is a delicious and original version.
- 1 lb ripe apricot
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 lb sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 fluid ounces cream
- 3 fluid ounces milk
- 5 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the apricots, then cut them in half and remove pits.
- Butter an 8" pie pan or tart pan.
- Combine flour and sugar and salt in a blender; while blending add the eggs one by one, then the milk, then the cream, and finally the rum.
- Lay the apricot halves evenly on the bottom of the dish, round side up, and pour batter evenly overall.
- Bake for about 30 minutes; serve warm.