This is a very traditional Northern Italian dish, and its preparation varies from village to village. It is usually served as "primo piatto", a starter. It combines a very interesting mix of sweet and savoury flavours and is usually served sprinkled with smoked ricotta cheese and drizzled with melted, browned butter. Enjoy, if possible, with red or white wines from the "collio" in Friuli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large potato (cooked and mashed)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch lemon, cest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1Prepare dough out of ingredients, knead well and let rest for about 20minutes in the fridge.
- 2Mash potatoe and mix with all of the other ingredients for filling.
- 3Roll dough very thinley using a rolling pin or pasta machine.
- 4Cut out rounds (of about 2 inch diameter).
- 5Place a generous teaspoon of filling in the center of one round and cover with a second.
- 6Use a fork to press dough together.
- 7Cook pasta for about 3 minutes until done.
- 8Drizzle with melted and browned butter and smoked ricotta cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cjalzons - Friulian Pasta Filled With Savory Sweet Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (705 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1140.4
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 438.5 mg
- Sodium 664.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: