Prep 50 mins
Cook 25 mins
- extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat a skillet
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, julienne-cut
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 5 links andouille sausages, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green peppers, julienned
- 2 red peppers, julienned
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 fresh okra pods, sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 10 peeled plum tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups long grain rice or 3 cups medium grain rice
- 4 cups seafood stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 10 fresh crawfish (optional)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- parsley, for garnish
- Coat a large, deep skillet with olive oil and keep on high heat until oil sizzles.
- Dredge chicken and shrimp in flour and add to skillet with andouille sausage.
- Lower heat and remove the par-cooked shrimp.
- Add garlic, peppers, celery, okra, and onion and cook on low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add all seasoning and diced tomatoes and Worcestershire.
- Add uncooked rice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add stock and tomato juice, then simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat, taking care to stir to prevent sticking.
- Once rice has completely cooked, add shrimp and crawfish; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh chopped scallions and parsley.