Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Ok, this idea came to me because I tried to get creative with breakfast and I stared into my pantry thinking, what can I add to plain ol' pancakes? I can't afford to buy fresh berries all the time, so this is my shortcut. Oh, and they come out really fluffy and caky. If increasing amount of pancakes, follow the directions on the box and just follow 3 parts pancake mix, 1 part muffin mix. You can use any muffin mix flavor you like.
Top Review by LainieBug
Loved the ease of preparation and the pancakes were good. I do have to comment on the amount of water, even though it does say "adjust to preference". 1/4 cup of liquid to 1 cup of dry ingredients is not nearly enough liquid. To be fair to the recipe, I did start with 1/4 cup of water and it was obvious that amount was not going to work. The instructions on the box of pancake mix says 1 cup mix plus 3/4 cup water. Since the pancake mix and muffin mix equals 1 cup, I used the 3/4 cup water and the batter was the perfect consistency.
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk pancake mix (the just add water kind)
- 1⁄4 cup blueberry muffin mix (the kind in pouches, just add milk types)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water (adjust to preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 2 mixes and slowly add water until there aren't any clumps. Add as little or as much water as you want. I usually add less than the directions because I like the batter to be a little more dense. More like the consistency of honey.
- Over medium-high heat on a warm large skillet, butter the surface and pour batter to make each pancake.
- Heat for a minute or until easy to lift with a spatula, turn over and cook the second side. Don't flatten the pancakes with the spatula! Enjoy!