Recipe by Lainey39
This is a healthy and tasty alternative to deep-fried chicken. I got this recipe from a newspaper which stated that it was from Chef Kathleen Daelemans' "Cooking Thin."
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 8 pieces and lightly pounded
- coarse salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place egg whites in shallow dish or plate.
- Whisk in cheese and parsley.
- Dredge each chicken piece through egg mixture and set in plate containing flour.
- Shake plate so chicken pieces get coated, turn chicken over and repeat.
- Lay on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set next to stove.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot but not smoking, add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve with lemon wedges.