1/5 Photos of City Fried Chicken
This is a healthy and tasty alternative to deep-fried chicken. I got this recipe from a newspaper which stated that it was from Chef Kathleen Daelemans' "Cooking Thin."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2Place egg whites in shallow dish or plate.
- 3Whisk in cheese and parsley.
- 4Dredge each chicken piece through egg mixture and set in plate containing flour.
- 5Shake plate so chicken pieces get coated, turn chicken over and repeat.
- 6Lay on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set next to stove.
- 7Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- 8When hot but not smoking, add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 9Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for City Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 32.6 g