1/2 Photos of City Chicken (But It's Not Chicken!)
1 hr 15 mins
Ultimate winter, "feel good" food! This is a favorite at our house and the gravy just has to be served over some homemade, garlic mashed potatoes. Add some Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce and you have a wonderful meal! This recipe came from a '98 Taste of Home Magazine. This can be a bit on the salty side - exchanging the garlic salt for garlic powder and then using reduced sodium chicken broth would help.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thread chunks of pork on small wooden skewers. (I have skipped this step and it works just fine having the chunks of meat loose in the pan.).
- 2Combine flour, garlic salt and pepper on a plate.
- 3Roll kabobs or loose pork chunks in flour mixture until coated.
- 4In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- 5Brown meat, turning frequently;drain.
- 6Sprinkle meat with soup mix.
- 7Add broth and water.
- 8Bring to very low boil.
- 9Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- 10Remove meat and keep warm.
- 11Thicken the pan juices to make a wonderful gravy to put over the meat and mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for City Chicken (But It's Not Chicken!)
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.3
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 182.4 mg
- Sodium 1591.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 47.9 g